part of her international tour for the Mussalaha (Reconciliation)
initiative in Syria,
Levant TV interviewed Mother Agnes Mary of the Cross during her visit to the UK.
Mother Agnes Mary of the Cross is spokesperson for the Catholic Media Centre of the Diocese of Homs, Hama and Yabroud in Syria. She is also one of the main representative of the “Mussalaha” Reconciliation inter-faith Initiative, which has the support of all Syrian’s religious communities.
In this interview, she replies to many of the critics attacking her initiative and she reveals some of her plans to help restoring peace in Syria, such as:
• to support conflict resolution through negotiation and implementation of a democratic process.
• to stop the flow of weapons to Syria.
• to stigmatize the war methods that are against the Geneva Convention.
• to restrain interference from abroad in the Syrian conflict.
• to furnish honest information about the Syrian conflict.
• to support new political parties that are proliferating and giving new shape to the Syrian political landscape.
• to stop the sanctions, which are harming only the civilian population.
• to fairly distribute humanitarian aid.
• to appeal for impartiality among the diverse NGOs working in the Syrian conflict.
• to support a new state that will guarantee equality of citizenship and religious freedom to any religious and ethnic group.
Despite the continuing conflict in Syria, Mother Agnes Mary believes the initiative is must needed at this particular timing and it is imperative that the Mussalaha reconciliation initiative be recognised, nurtured and supported by all who believe in peace through dialogue. Original article here